“Disease Maintenance and Symptoms Management, Not Cures”

อ่านหัวข้อก่อนหน้า อ่านหัวข้อถัดไป Go down

“Disease Maintenance and Symptoms Management, Not Cures”

ตั้งหัวข้อ  hacksecrets on Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:11 pm

from video...

…what I would like to do today is I would like to dispel the myth that the pharmaceutical industry is in the business of health and healing. Because in fact what the pharmaceutical industry is in the business of doing is disease maintanence and symptons management. They are not in the business to cure cancer, to cure alheimers, to cure heart disease, because if they were they would be in the business of putting themselves out of business and that in fact doesn’t make sense. I don’t want people thinking I am a conspiracy theorist, because in fact there is no theory behind what I am telling you. It’s all provable. And what I am saying is provable is that the pharmaceutical industry doesn’t want to cure people.

You need to understand specifically when we’re talking about psychiatric drugs in particular that these are drugs that encourage people to remain customers of the pharmaceutical industry. In fact you will be told, if you are given a drug such as an anxiolytic or an antidepressant or an antipsychotic drug that you may be on the drug for the rest of your life. And very frequently people fuind that they are on the drugs for a very long period of time, if not permanently, because they’re almost impossible to get off of. Some of them can have very serious withdrawal symptoms, most of them can have extremely serious withdrawl symptoms if they are stopped cold turkey. But some people experience withdrawal systems when they try to titrate, or they try to eliminate the drug little by little, day after day.

So it’s really important to understand the motivation behind the current maintanence drugs that are on the market, even for example drugs such as cholestrol lowering drugs. And what we are in fact finding now is that chol drugs are lowering chol exessively and causing other disease states as a consquence. So you need to be careful about trying to take drugs in order to remain healthy.

You’re never going to get that kind of good information, fair balanced information as long as pharmas funding in major TV stations, the advertising that supports those television staions, the major journals and all of the advertising that supports the major journals. You just have to be commonsensical people, and undertsnad that the pharmaceutical industry makes 5 to 6 times tha amount of money as any of the other Fortune 500 companies in the United States of America. They are not going to easily or readily give up that income, and we are in fact considered a human commodity. Or loved ones, our children, our elderly are considered cash-cows that are preyed upon by pharmaceutical reps such as myself who are encouraged to go in a build marketshares, without thinking about the consequences to patients.

hacksecrets

จำนวนข้อความ : 765
Registration date : 28/06/2008

ดูข้อมูลส่วนตัว

ขึ้นไปข้างบน Go down

Re: “Disease Maintenance and Symptoms Management, Not Cures”

ตั้งหัวข้อ  sunny on Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:30 pm

sunny

จำนวนข้อความ : 3511
Registration date : 28/06/2008

ดูข้อมูลส่วนตัว

ขึ้นไปข้างบน Go down